Whether you have a few extra pieces left over from your Little Village kit(s), or you have discovered that you can cut up the carrier sheet that comes in the package to trim more bits and pieces from our signature matboard, don't throw them away!!
They make the perfect little banners for sentiments.
There always seems to be a holiday where we are running around looking for the perfect little gift box. So we keep a stash of shallow jewelry style boxes that have a top that measures 3-5/8" square. Of course this is the PERFECT size to cover and decorate with either 9 Inchie Squares, 4 - 1.5" Art Squares or 1 - 3" Art Square!
(if you frequent the Inchie Arts FB page you may have seen the Washi tape box tops in February)
- Paint a white 3" Art Square with Bashful Blue and Wild Iris Twinkling H2O watercolor- dry completely.
- Stamp Impress Embroidered Snowflake with white gesso (be sure and wash stamp promptly with a toothbrush before gesso dries) - dry.
- Stamp select leftover pieces from your Little Village kit with appropriate sentiments
- Assemble, and overlap sentiment banners on the completed 3" Art Square.
- Glue 1 or 2 coordinating colors of trimmed cover weight paper to box top, then finished 3" Art Square on top of that
Be sure and visit Ellen Hutson's inspiration and education blog, theCLASSROOM, every day this week as they join us in celebrating everything Inchie Arts - including 20% off all in-stock Inchie Arts merchandise at Ellen Hutson LLC.
And join us here for the next several days as we share even more Little Village creations!